I, Arnab Kumar Das aka. Crazy Engineer, Am an Electronics and Communication Engineer, I love to travel, eat good food and Make Crazy Gizmos. I was born and brought up in Incredible India. I have had a keen interest in electronics and gadgets since I was a young boy and have had many amazing mentors throughout my journey. As a
While obtaining my B. Tech (Hons) degree from Lovely Professional University, Punjab, India, I started making YouTube videos, which opened a door I never dreamed of.
I have put up videos of different projects that I completed during my engineering degree and am now planning Tutorial and other Crazy DIY guides. I love sharing knowledge and I think YouTube and this Blog are one of the best ways to share my knowledge. My friends call me The Crazy Engineer because they see my passion for technology and electronics.
I also have participated at numerous Tech Fests and competitions including national as well as international events. I have experience in Analog electronics, Embedded Electronics and also Mechanical Project like Go-Kart and E-Bike designing.
I can’t live without my tools and hardware. I am obsessed with well-decorated and well-lit spaces. In my free time I love doing Photography also I love warm weather, technology and friends. I Dream of being an inventor and doing something good for the world.
As I keep exploring the new directions technology is taking me, I truly hope you will follow my journey and be a part of it!
• Designed an Industrial CNC for Infinite X-Axis Operation for Delta Electronics International Automation Challenge (2017)
Made the CNC in Collaboration with Delta Electronics China, Thailand, India and Lovely Professional University and won First Prize in Competition in WJ, China. CLICK TO KNOW MORE
• CNC based Drawing machine (2017)
Made a CNC machine in low cost to draw or write on any flat surface using any ink based medium.
• Li-Ion Laptop Power Bank (2017)
Made a Li-Ion powered battery bank with DC to DC converters.
• IOT based Health Monitoring System (2017)
Made an IOT based Health Monitoring System using ESP8266 to connect to Wi-Fi and upload Biological Vital signs to website.
• IOT based Smart Dustbin (2017)
Made a dustbin that measures its fullness and uploads that data to web server.
• RFID and Barcode Scanner Based Smart Shopping Solution (2017)
Made a smart trolley that connects using Bluetooth with a mobile barcode scanner and completes automated cashless transaction at the end of shopping.
• Full Featured GUI Mobile Phone Using LPC2148 ARM7 Microcontroller (2016)
Made a Mobile Phone capable of outgoing and incoming Calls and SMS with RTC and Calendar using ARM7.
• Speed Based Auto Ignition System in HYBRID Go-Kart, Speedometer, Bluetooth Mobile Lock, Pollution Monitoring, Anti Collision Alert (2016)
Designed a Hybrid Go-Kart for HGKC competition that runs both on Petrol and Electricity with smart features using Atmel AVR Microcontroller.
• LabVIEW based Inertial Measurement Unit Interfacing and Motion Tracking (2016)
Implemented Gyroscope and Accelerometer Interfacing to track object orientation in real-time in LabVIEW.
• Health Monitoring System with Emergency SMS Alert (2016)
Designed a patient monitoring system that senses abnormality in Heart Rate and Temperature and alerts the doctor and family through SMS.
• RFID and SMS Based Train Ticket Reservation System (2016)
Made a reservation system on which passengers can buy Local Train Tickets using prepaid RFID cards and get SMS Tickets instantly.
• Mars Rover, University Rover Challenge, Mars Society USA (2015)
Designed a remotely controlled rover capable of working on Mars like Terrain.
• Automated Welding Robot Arm (2015)
Made a servo motor based industrial Welding Robot Model.
• Face Recognition Based Door Lock Using Raspberry Pi (2015)
Used Raspberry Pi and Open CV package to implement Face Recognition using PCA to Open and Close Door Locks.
• Ultrasonic Based Proportional Wall Follower (2015)
Used multiple Ultrasonic sensors to make a parallel wall follower robot using AVR Atmega328p and Proportional Algorithm.
• Remote Control Two Wheel Drive Car (2015)
Made an RC car with all parts hand made with Wood, Plastic and Aluminium and a customized gearbox to get 20Km/hr. speed.
• Remote Control Water Boat (2015)
Made a light weight RC boat with Propeller based propulsion system and servo motor controlled rudder.
• Remote Control Airplane (2015)
Made an RC Aeroplane with propeller based propulsion system using a Ultralight High Density Foam and employing a high efficiency BLDC motor for propulsion.
• Electric Bike with Face Recognition Handel Lock for E-Bike Racing Competition (2015)
Designed an Electric Bike that can run at maximum speed of 60km/hr with on road run time of 3 hours.
• Artificial Electronics controlled Greenhouse (2015)
Made a Greenhouse capable of maintaining Life Supporting characteristics like temperature, humidity and light for plant growth electronically.
• Smartphone based Bluetooth controlled Lock/Unlock Vehicle and Ignition System (2015)
Designed a Bluetooth protected lock and ignition system for Vehicles to stop theft of vehicles.
• Wireless Electric Energy Consumption Meter with Load Control (2015)
Used 2.4Ghz NRF24L01 for wireless data acquisition for billing and load control and monitoring of multiple Energy Meters.
• Designed a HYBRID vehicle that runs on Engine and Motor (2015)
Designed a Go-Kart with dual propulsion Electric and Fuel Based Engine with self-made Digital Speedometer and Password Lock.
• 9-Axis fusion (Gyroscope, Accelerometer, Magnetometer) based Motion Tracking (2014)
Designed a motion tracking device to track hand movement using 9-Axis Data Fusion.
• Advance PID control based Autonomous Line Follower Robot (2014)
Implemented Analog Control System’s Proportional Integral and Differential Control Algorithm in Path Following Robot.
• Water Rocket (2013)
Studied aerodynamics by making water bottle filled with compressed gas rockets.
• Electric Tram Transport System Project for Lovely Professional University (2013)
The aim of the project is to make autonomous Electrical Tram that can run on Campus for Transport.
• Human Detection based Street Light Control (2013)
Designed a smart street light that automatically switches on in presence of any Human on road.
• Made my own PCB of Development Board using Eagle (2013)
Designed and made my own PCB for my Microcontroller Development Board.
• Electric Solar vehicle (2013)
Made a Solar and Battery powered Go-Kart with Battery level Indicator. The vehicle could run on Battery and also Solar.
• Very Basic Line Follower Robot (2013)
Used some basic gates and motor driver to make a basic line follower.